The new I4E, signal converters for electrical signals, are the first of a series of converters with advanced features. A TOP RANGE, for the most demanding applications.
The new I4E can be configured to measure voltage signals (AC and DC) with ranges from 0 / 50mV up to 0 / 600V, current signals (AC and DC) from 0 / 5mA up to 0 / 5A, and frequencies from power lines (up to 100Hz). The output is a standard process signal configurable to 4 / 20mA or 0 / 10Vdc.
Fully configurable: the I4E instruments allow you to tailor the signal input and output ranges to the specific needs of your application: 1 / 5Vdc outputs or 0 / 3.5Aac inputs are examples of applicable configurations to a standard unit.
Configuration keypad and four digits, accessible at the front, with a double function:
- To access to the configuration menu:
I4E units can be installed “out of the box”. There is no need for additional configuration elements: no software, no cables, no consoles. Full configure the unit by operating the front keypad. Simple configuration available by using predefined codes, and advanced configuration with configuration menu.
- To deliver information for the operator:
he display can be easily configured to access maintenance information, such as input signal value, percentage of signal over full scale, output signal, process values or customizable labels, among others .
Universal power supply and three-way isolation.
- The I4E features a universal power supply, and can be powered at any AC or DC voltage between 18 and 265 Vac / dc
- The I4E offers a high isolation of 3000Veff between the input, output and power circuits.
Special functions are integrated into the I4E, result of the knowledge gathered over the years, useful for different types of customers.
- Custom “label function” visible at the front display. For electrical engineering and automation companies, allows each unit to be uniquely identified with the appropriate nomenclature.
- Access to the signal input and output values, for easy maintenance of contol panels and installations.
- “Force” functions allow to manually generate different output signal levels. The ‘force’ function is basically a signal generator built into the instrument, to facilitate the installation and testing of the control system before the sensor or input signal is physically available. It allows to verify the wiring and the operation of elements downstream of the converter (PLC, HMI, …), without having to wait to start up the complete system (no input signal required).
For the end customer at manufacturing site, the “SOS” function allows to manually force and maintain a signal output to a predefined value. Why? For example in case of input sensor break, if the production line must be stopped, the “SOS” function allows to set a known value for the output signal so that the line continues to operate, even under minimal conditions and under direct surveillance. Also useful for preventive maintenance, that does not want to completely stop the process.
Do you work with AC and DC voltage and current electrical signals? Unify models and references in a single instrument. Simplify!